Monday, October 19, 2009




HAD AN AWESOME AWESOME DAY AT THE MUSEUM TODAY!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D
(who the hell said museums are boring? hahaha)

There are many many exhibits stuck in my mind now,

especially the ones at 8Q (the contemporary art museum), the red one from the Anthony Poon exhibition in S.A.M, some from the National Museum of Singapore and ahhhhh.

I REALLY LOVE MUSEUMS!



Cannot get the images from 8Q installations outta my mind, there was one like the chronicles of narnia; we walked into a cupboard, through a white alley, a passageway with A4 sized paper stuck everywhere leading to a GREY ROOM.

Everything in the grey room was GREY. and you know what's cool about it?? the TV, sofa, tissue box and some stuff were sliced into half and stuck to the side of the walls. And the TV was still playing. Then moment we discovered that the clock was going ANTICLOCKWISE, the tv suddenly stopped playing and I kinda.. screamed. Freaky experience but VERY memorable. Like I'll EVER forget that place.

No photo can convey the feeling it gave, the experience is key to this installation.



and there was a BLACK room, totally dark with jet black walls & we couldn't even see where the end of the room was. the only source of light were those shining on a display of transparent glass bottles.



here are a few photos:


(this is way cool, wait till you see the one with me NEXT to it.
Yes, RIGHT AT THE TOP)


An artwork from member of the public
the artist invited us to paste our works on the walls
(through a note)


viewer discretion adviced.
This encourages active participation on our part.


a portion of a painting.


another one of those audience works.


I'm kinda amused by how the "exit" sign is covering her boobs...
o_O sigh the reflection


this is a portion of a painting


Really love this water colour piece alot.




Gosh, I don't know how to put it, it was just an amazing experience.


Well. back to PW for now. Have to hand it in tmr.

and no, I'm not feeling too nervous about getting back our results tomorrow, today's trip kinda made me forget alot about it and..

Idk. I feel numb.

Maybe its cause I don't want to think about it at all. NO ENTRY

No comments: